Sunday, January 30, 2011

So we meet again...

So, here is (more or less) all that has transpired since last we met, dear reader:

I acquired a new computer (Desktop, HP pavilion, under $500, nice big screen, just waiting on the wireless adapter)

I found my camera

I realized I had lost my camera (in this order, because before finding the poor wretched thing in a heap of grimy snow on the side of the road, I'd assumed it was still in the house somewhere)

I removed the guts (SD card, battery) from my camera, laid it out to warm up, applied a little Pledge Multi-Surface to the LCD and body to remove the mud and grass, reassembled it, and discovered that despite 24+ below-freezing hours in a snow bank, it was in perfect working order. Hurrah for Fuji. Not so for the pockets in my coat, as they are less-than-ideal when it comes to retaining the objects placed in them. I haven't any pictures of my camera in its sad state, as my camera was busy being in a sad state at the time, but here's what it might have looked like if it were an orange:


I found an orange on the side of Welch street.

I discovered that college students are not big on reading forms before they sign them (long story regarding library cards).

I finally got around to watching the 2010 version of Alice in Wonderland. Pros: Literally rated PG "for fantasy action/violence involving scary images and situations, and for a smoking caterpillar"; not sure whether the Jubjub bird is a harpy eagle, an archaeopteryx or a Wargle, but it's fantastic; the Mad Hatter was pretty clearly Jack Sparrow. Cons: Closing credits song (the mood seems odd for the setting); Hathaway's White Queen was quite creepy, we needed some character development for that woman (and don't you dare say "sequel"); the Mad Hatter was pretty clearly Jack Sparrow.

I finished reading Gaiman's Sandman series; great fun seeing how each artist interpreted Matthew the raven.

I marveled at the obstinance of the robins, who insist on arriving in a snow or ice storm EVERY YEAR. Today they huddled miserably in the crab-apples outside the library while a few inches of snow hurtled around them in 30-mile-per-hour gusts. I was working, so no photos of that. Sorry. Have some kraut juice:


That is all. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment