Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Job Security


So, guy walks up to the desk at the library the other day, looks around suspiciously then turns to me.
Guy: "You ever think of having an off-duty cop patrol this place?"
Me: "... Hm?"
Guy: "Ever think of having an off-duty cop patrolling this place?"
Me: "Ah, why?"
Guy: "C'mon."
Me: "..."
Guy: "You know."

Said it as if I were deliberately avoiding a subject. I mean, he wasn't as interesting as the next guy who kept insisting he was in a Very Big Hurry while checking his watch-less wrist and asking me questions he could have answered more quickly by looking them up himself ... yeah, I don't know what it is about Mondays.

And also it's snowing now. So.
It's been a stressful week and we're just beginning. Have some balloons I found on campus:


Yes, I also feel strangely drawn to guess which one's bigger. Which reminds me, you know that thing they always have in "mind tricks" books, where the words say one color and are printed in another and you have to say the printed color aloud? Turns out I'm really good at that one. Does that mean I have poor reading comprehension or am just too familiar with the "magic trick" for it to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment