Thursday, February 25, 2010

I was really going well for a while there....

...Then I got bored and stopped writing.
Not busy, my "busy" involves being on the computer most of the time anyway.

Anyhow.
Little cat, little cat is at the shelter - they're not very full, kitty should be able to stay a while.
Pity this place is no-pets, she looked pretty good in the recliner.

She's not out in the cold, though. She was only a kitten, she had ice in her fur the second time I found her and brought her in ... poor baby, how tiny must she have been a month ago when I first started seeing pawprints in the snow?

Okay. Other news.
Once more I insisted on making a recipe I cannot make. Apricot turnovers. Delicious, but stupid - when you put a cup of cheese in pie dough, weird things happen. They worked out, more or less, but only after a lot of muttering and threatening to just turn the whole batch into Cheez-its instead of bothering with this whole apricot filling nonsense.
But did I mention they're delicious?
Even when they're a boiling mess of sludgy apricot magma oozing through cheesy fissures in a far-from-triangular glob of crust.

Made more chicken Parmesan to reassure myself that the basics of cooking food (dip this, mix that, put in pan, stick in oven) have not been lost to me.

Tomorrow is tiramisu. I have a feeling I may have to make more chicken Parmesan soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment