Sunday, March 11, 2012

Been a while ...

So little has happened while I've been away!
Well, not in the world around us, but here in lizard-lass-land.

I finally sort of finished the digital painting I've been alternately working on and avoiding for months now:


I just wanted to draw a little monitor lizard standing on his hind legs and maybe painted a little or wearing some decorations. Then I realized I needed a background, and shading, and ... well, basically I ran away screaming. I keep telling myself that this is the most I'll bother doing, that it's as good as it needs to be and nobody really cares either way, but then I keep seeing something *wrong* with it. I'm currently ignoring the fact that the left leg of the dot-painted human on the boomerang has somehow gotten smudged out of existence.

Also discovered that frog legs, despite what everyone says about everything, do not taste at all like chicken. If you deep-fry them and leave them in the fridge for a day, they do start to dry out and get a texture sort of like chicken breast ... but I don't think that's what they were getting at. Basically, it's like a firm white freshwater fish -- trout was the one that came to mind for me. It's not strongly flavored (definitely not bird-flavored), and if there's any flavor it's fish. The meat breaks apart/flakes a bit like fish too. Really, the main problem is that when you cook up a whole set of frog's legs without breaking them apart, they look like a frog's butt.


The gecko still lives, the library still stands, and the days grow warmer. We'll see if I can keep up a little better with you fine folks (yes, I pretend my readership is existent AND plural) in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment